Fosterline Forum

Topic : Private Fostering or Kinship Care

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 posts, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  1. Share this topic:
  2. Share this topic on Twitter

  3. Share this topic on Facebook

  • Author
  • fosterine_avatars_08


    Hi my mate was approached by the local authority in respect of her grandchild to enter into a Private Fostering arrangement as the child’s mother is an alcoholic and cant care for the child. Can she not request Kinship Care Arrangements instead? What are the key differences?
    What other options are open to her and what level of support can she expect to recieve under different arrangements??
    She is happy to look after the child but will need support emotionally and financially to care for the child full time on a long term basis as she is on a limited income working part time.



    Hi Truthseeker.
    If the LA have approached the grandmother to care for the child then she can request an assessment as a kinship foster carer. Please have a look at the detailed advice on this issue by following this link




    Can a related carer request an assessment as a Kinship Carer if the child is Voluntarily Accommodated or only if under a Care Order?



    Relatives may offer to foster as a kinship carer irrespective of whether the child is on a Care Order or vol accomodated

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need Help or Advice???

Our trained advisors are available weekdays 09:00 to 17:00

Please leave a message click here 

Alternatively leave a voice mail on

0800 040 7675

We will contact you the next working day without fail

Evening advisors are available every 2nd Wednesday of each month between 19:00 to 21:00

Request a call back