Fosterline Forum

Topic : Problem with Local Authority Social Worker

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 posts, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  1. Share this topic:
  2. Share this topic on Twitter

  3. Share this topic on Facebook

  • Author
  • fosterine_avatars_08



    What happens with foster carers when the social workers have personal grudges against them?
    What can carers do when they feel like the professionals are not listening?
    Are there any support groups out there, or independent mechanisms of support whereby carers can voice concerns and whistleblow on bad practice by social workers?



    If a FC feels that their SW has a personal grudge against them then this should be raised with the SW or their manager with details of concerns. Ideally, Fostering agencies should promote FC support groups where issues such as this can be explored and addressed.
    Each IFA or LA should also have a whistle blowing policy which their foster carers should be able to access.
    Hope this helps



    Also if you have a fostering organisation membership they may have a counselling service. If you do not believe that the professional conduct of a social worker is correct and you do not feel you have been listened to, you could ask for their complaints procedure.


    carers can also contact Ofsted regarding the fostering provider, and HCPC in terms of conduct regarding a specific worker.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need Help or Advice???

Our trained advisors are available weekdays 09:00 to 17:00

Please leave a message click here 

Alternatively leave a voice mail on

0800 040 7675

We will contact you the next working day without fail

Evening advisors are available every 2nd Wednesday of each month between 19:00 to 21:00

Request a call back