Summerhill garden centre in Billericay, Essex has chosen to help the Fosterline Foundation support the Fosterline advisory service for foster carers in England by raising funds via a dedicated Christmas tree. Summerhills Garden Centre
Visitors to the Christmas department at Summerhills are able to give donations to the Fosterline Foundation to enable the foundation to strive towards its goals of:
- shaping the future of fostering by listening to and consulting with those that foster
- reporting its findings back to strategic partners and the Department for Education.
- support foster carers and to promote recruitment from under-represented communities to achieve better outcomes for children and young people within the care system.
- recruitment and maintenance of a team of volunteers and advisors with experience of fostering to help support and advise their peers at a national level.
- long-term sustainability of the Fosterline Freephone number and website, so that it will to continue to provide the highest quality of advice, support and information to the fostering population in as many media and forms of access as possible, thereby establishing Fosterline as THE place to go for fostering advice.
Fosterline have been aided in this initiative with Summerhills by Children First Fostering of Basildon and are very grateful for their input and contribution.
If you have the opportunity you could visit the Fosterline Foundation tree in the extended Christmas Department of Summerhills and donate to our cause, supporting these very special people in our communities who open their homes and hearts to foster children and young people.