Supporting the Recruitment & Retention of Foster Carers
Fosterline promotes the recruitment and retention of foster carers by;
- Encouraging people to think about fostering as a career and answers their questions about the process
- Clarifying recruitment criteria and finance/support/training issues
- Enabling prospective foster carers to identify fostering services in their area, using the web based mapping facility
- Providing a facility for fostering services to advertise their forthcoming foster carer recruitment events for a nominal fee
- Clarifying regulations, guidance and national minimum standards about fostering and signposting to other sources of specialist support
- Promoting the retention of foster carers by encouraging dialogue with their fostering provider when any issues arise.
- Providing regular updates to the Department for Education on issues affecting foster carers and prospective foster carers
- Providing a free, impartial, responsive service that foster carer value
So that Fosterline can help you in the recruitment and retention of your foster carers, we suggest that you put a link to www.fosterline.info on your website.
Also check that your details are correct on our ‘Find a Fostering Service’ facility. Advertise your forthcoming recruitment events on our
Carer Recruitment Noticeboard. Further information is available here.